GILGIT : The first ‘Tour De Khunjrav 2018’ road cycle race is scheduled from 11th to 13th May, 2018 in Gilgit-Baltistan. This will be a cycle race to the roof of the world. The event will consist of Three Stages starting from Gilgit and finishing up at Khunjerab pass. All the provincial and department teams will be participating in the race.
Stage Details are as follows:
1 Fri, 11th May Gilgit to Ghulmat 66 km
2 Sat, 12th May Ghulmat to Pasu 77 km
3 Sun, 13th May Sost to Khujerab 84 km
For the first time this national level race is open for public participation. Last date for registration 25th April, 2018. Details are as follows;
Criteria for Participation
– Age: 18 years or above
– Have a valid ID
– Physically fit and able to ride a bicycle
– Pass the cycling and fitness test as defined below
– Able to ride from Islamabad Zoo to Monal under 45 minutes in a single go.
– Stoppage time during the ride will be counted as part of the ride
– After initial registration, date and time for the test will be emailed to you.
For Foreign nationals special security arrangements will be provided by the Giligit-Baltistan Government
Road bicycles will be allowed in the race and fitness test.
The Registration fee is Rs. 8,000/- which is non-refundable. Deposit details will be emailed after initial registration.
Initial registration link
Note: The above conditions can be updated as per the discretion of the event organizers